untitled story (with stars)
- girl is not lonely, though is always "alone"
- her desire is to "return" to her home planet, far off near the Orion constellation. She claims, Halley's Comet will bring her home.
- transfer student is moved into the apartment next to her's. They also take mythology together at school. He is put next to her.
- for a project on constellations and their origins, he is paired up with her, since she was the only one without a partner. She doesn't mind, but she's already done her research and constellation chosen: Orion.
- they start to hang out at the library together, gathering more information and writing reports. They also spend evenings stargazing at a hill near the school.
- he is approached by a clique of students, mostly drama kids, who wish to include him in their group, while taking him away from the girl. e joines the group but refuses to leave the girl.
- he thinks it's strange the girl is never lonely. She tells him about her friend Eir, who is a friend from her home planet, and can change into anything she wants. It weirds him out at first, but soon he comes to enjoy her quirkiness.
- school play comes along and he auditions. He gets lead male role. The female lead role is taken from a theatre girl who likes him. He doesn't notice, and he falls in love with the Astro girl.
- because of the play, he becomes unavailable a lot. He wants to see Astro girl more because he loves her, but her lack of interest in him frustrates him. He puts his frustration into the play, delivering a better performance. The play becomes a great success and he is scouted by a talent agency, and given a theatre scholarship. He doesn't want to take it because he will be far from the girl.
- Astro girl watches the play, and when learns about his scholarship, congratulates him wholeheartedly. He becomes more frustrated when she tells him Halley's comet swings by soon, and she would be "returning home" soon. In a fit, he grabs her face and kisses her. She shoves him away with, "What are you doing?!" He blurts, "I love you." He then proceeds to tell her all his feelings/thoughts on the matter (while blushing, and she is in a stupor). Angry at the end, she leaves.
- Astro doesn't talk with him more than needed, and her personality toward him is like the "drama kid". It pains him.
- night before Halley's comet passes, he phones Astro to apologize and to plead her to not leave (though he doesn't by into her leaving). She happily accepts his apology, and things briefly return to normal. He is relieved. Her final words to him are, "Goodbye, ___. Wish me luck." And he does.
- the next morning, Astro doesn't come to school and he worries. He phones Astro when he gets home, only to find the number disconnected. He doesn't know where she lives, so he simply panics himself to sleep.
- next morning, he talks to the teachers about Astro, and they tell him she moved away to UK to live with her dad, for her mother was abusive.
- she had apparently a giant crush on the mythology teacher, which explained why she had always wanted to do so well in the class, and why the mythology teacher was the only one she really socialized with.
- he visits the mythology classroom to talk with the teacher. Teacher tells him Astro was his favorite student, and that he is sad she left. He was also aware of her feelings, and responded positively. He was glad Astro was so understanding. Together, they created Eir, some years ago, to cure Astro's loneliness. She was told to pretend Eir was anyone and speak to em. Teacher thinks it was Astro's desire to escape and be "more" that separated her from her peers.
- he moves on from the event.